Plot & Story

How I created my film 

 The first step I took to creating my media project was picking a genre. I thought about what type of genre I would enjoy filming the most. I enjoy watching fantasy movies, so the idea of creating one popped in my heard.  After considering my options I ultimately decided to create a fantasy film. I considered what should my story be about. I came up with the idea of a girl traveling to a fantasy world and needing to find a way back home. I would later call this girl Chloe. I wanted Chloe to go on some adventures while she was there, but I ultimately decided to scrap that idea since my video could only be 2 minutes long. I thought to include a new character that would help the protagonist though her journey, this is where the character Ava (the fairy) came from. After creating my characters, I needed to find a way for Chloe to get transported to the new world. One of my friends gave me the idea of a hole that when you look through it, it becomes a portal that transports the character. I worked with this idea and created the story of a hole in the wall that would make a tapping noise that the main character would have to investigate. After this it was easy to create the few missing details like the fairy village and wise tree.  The only idea I didn't include in my final film that was mentioned in my treatment was the inclusions of animals. This concluded how I came up with media video. 


Summary of my video 

One day Chloe (the human) starts to hear some strange tapping. Wondering where it is coming from, she explores her house. She realizes the tapping is coming from inside the wall and finds a little hole where she sees a strange light. Chloe gathers up her courage and decides to investigate the hole. The more Chloe looks at the hole the more she is drawn to it. She realizes the world she is looking at is different from her own then suddenly, WOOSH! Chloe gets transported into the strange world. She explores the beautiful world she is in and all its flowers and animals. Then she realizes she needs to find a way home and starts to search for the hole. On her way a little fantasy creature named Ava pops out of nowhere and offers to help Chloe return home.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media representations

Critical Reflection Questions