Conventions and Social group or issues

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? 

Conventions 

1) My film both challenges and uses conventions. The reason my video uses conventions is because of its gene. My fantasy film follows the pattern of characters going on an adventure. My film also includes fantasy characters and creatures. The reason my video challenges conventions is due to its cast. My video was filmed with only women casts. My film also doesn't use the theme of good and evil as the main plot point. These are just some of the ways my film challenges and uses conventions. 

Social groups 

2) My video represents a teenage social group; this is due to the fact the main character is a teen. Another reason my media video also represents teen social groups is because the film follows the actions and thoughts of a teen  

3) ​The second social group my media video represents is friends/ friendship. My video shows this social group due to the fact the main character makes a friend along the way of her adventure. The main character's new friend is called Ava and she helps the main character find her way back home  

Issues

4) The first issue I encountered was during week 3 of the video-making process. The problem that I encountered was some of my audio clips not uploading to my editing software. I overcame this problem by changing the type of audio file and re-uploading it.   

The second problem I encountered was trying to find a way to create the voice of the wise tree. I overcame this problem by recording my voice and editing it. Other than that, my video process went smoothly during week 4  


The third problem I had with my video had to do with the edition portion during week 5. While adding new audio to my film I moved some old clips to a new folder in my USB, which caused the system to lose all the video clips. After realizing my mistake, I programmed the system to find the clips in the new folder, which got me my video progress back  


 The fourth problem I had with my media video had to do with editing my video. After rewatching my film, I realized the character's mouths didn't perfectly match the audio, this is due to my creating the lines for the voiceover after we filmed. To fix this, I matched when the audio started to when the actor opened their mouth. This change was a major improvement to what it was before, and it was a great way to help improve the quality of my film.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media representations

Critical Reflection Questions